Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bravo Moxley and Meehan

"At WritingWiki.org we are collaborating on articles and beginning an effort to create an online classroom that would serve as a medium for students to post their work and conduct peer review. Here, too, in time we would like to develop a free online rhetoric." (Italics Mine).

This is what I am talking about. We should use our technology to delimit knowledge, making it less costly for our students, more accessible to them, and more functional for us. Down with rhetoric textbooks! Up with a free (or much less costly), delmited rhetoric that allows instructors a vast array of choices of what reading to assign in the classroom. I am tired of struggling with the limitations of a published and printed text that forces me to leave out some pedagogical priorities for others.

1 comment:

Carolyn A. Jones said...

Jeff, you certainly make it less costly for me when I used the technology you presented for Geek day. I couldn't take several printed journal articles out of the library and didn't want to spend money copying them. I scanned them into the computer at the library, cropped them, inserted them into my i-locker, and printed the files with a click. While the first article took a couple hours, the next three only took about 45 min. Thanks for the tip. Carolyn